Any organisation can apply for the funding, no matter the size, as long as the jobs that are being created are new. The placements cannot replace existing or planned vacancies and cannot cause existing employees or contractors to lose their employment.
The roles created must be:
- A minimum of 25 hours per week, for six months;
- Paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group.
Support for Employers
As a gateway provider we will:
- Gather information about the job placements you wish to offer;
- Use this information to submit an online application;
- Relay the relevant payments made by DWP to you (for example, the candidate’s salary);
- Provide employability support directly to young people employed through the scheme;